Andrews Chapel United Methodist Church is located near Newnan, Ga. The history of the church is related in its website as follows: Andrews Chapel in the LaGrange District, North Georgia Conference is located in the community of Roscoe, about 9 miles northwest of Newnan, Ga. The church is named for Bishop James O Andrews, whose parents lived near this community. It was Bishop Andrews action that brought about the division of the Methodist Church before the Civil War. The first church was a frame one-room building which was constructed by Green B. Doster about 1840, just south of the present site. The present property of the church was deeded in 1846. The church was deeded 5 acres of land for the sum of $5.00. The first church was torn down and replaced by the present building in 1912. In 1953 an educational unit was built complete with Fellowship Hall. Andrews Chapel was first a member of the Coweta Circuit, which included all the Methodist churches in the county. Later it was united with three other churches and called the North Coweta Mission. In 1905, it became a member of the Lovejoy Memorial Circuit. In 1945 Andrews Chapel formed the Coweta Circuit with Jones Chapel, Emory Chapel and Mt Carmel. There's a lot of history here. The Cemetery is filled with unmarked and Marked resting places and a lot of effort has been made to Identify our past families by Our beloved Historian Debra Tarleton. Debra has put in many hours of her time for the history on the church and cemetery and goes to many events so that everyone knows our church history. Our church is also available for Wedding Venues and can be arranged by Debra Tarleton. We should all give Debra a big hand for all her work.